Sunday, July 3, 2011

Celebration of Freedom

It's America's Birthday... I think someone should throw a party... wait! The City of Mesa did! Both Friday and Saturday night we visited Downtown Mesa for the Celebration of Freedom and has a BLAST! Melanie loved the party and keeps asking if we can go back. All my pictures are from Saturday because I forgot my camera on Friday.


Saturday night they had a car show going. Brandon LOVES the cars.


I love this picture of the girls on the firetruck. The have a new book about visiting a firehouse and love it. So, of course, it was a lot of fun for them to see actual firemen and the old fire truck.
Along Heritage Lane, we met some really important people. The Washington's!!! Melanie was little nervous and kept hugging my leg, but I still insisted on a picture. I tried to explain to her who George Washington was, but I think I'll have to keep working on it.

I loved seeing all the American Flags. Melanie does too. She kept pointing them all out to me. She gets really excited. Friday night they had a blow up Washington Monument in the middle of this ring, but it wasn't up Saturday night. I wonder why not. In the meanwhile, I still enjoy all the flags.

I just loved the Heritage Lane. They had so much good stuff. They had information of all 3 Branches of the Government on display.


The Executive:

The Congress

And the Judicial. The information went over Melanie's head... again, I'll just keep working on it.


Right now Cinderella is showing at the Broadway Palms, and Cinderella made an appearance to the party. Melanie and Noelle both fell in love. Friday night, Noelle ran over and gave her a huge hug. Melanie was so excited, she was literally shaking... both nights. It was too sweet. Melanie wouldn't really let go of her Friday night. Cinderella told her she looked like her friend Ariel, and Melanie fell even more in love (if that were even possible). After we left, Melanie informed me that she wanted the real Cinderella to come home and snuggle with her in her bed, and then she won't try to sleep in my bed anymore... hmm... if only that were a real option.



Can you tell that Melanie is smitten?

Saturday night, Noelle was little more reluctant. Of course, because I had my camera. Go figure!


I'm so grateful for all the sacrifice that was made so that we could have this wonderful country and all the rights and privileges that we have today. God Bless America! And In God we Trust!

Happy Birthday America! Happy Independence Day!

1 comments:

Jen said...

We were so bummed we missed it.
Looked like tons of fun!