A very sweet thing happened this morning. It started with a mom that woke up really sick. We got ready for school, and dropped Melanie off, but alas, I still wasn't feeling well, and decided to go to the grocery store to get some oranges. I just had a feeling that oranges would help me feel better.
So we rushed to the grocery store (only having 10 minutes before it would be time to carpool to preschool). When we entered the store, the oranges were right up front. Noelle helped me fill a bag with a few oranges, Oliver helped me decide that I would also be getting apples, and then we were ready to check out. Of course, we really hadn't entered the store yet, as the apples and oranges were on display right in the entry way. When we did, Noelle noticed the beautiful flowers on display. She begged "Mom, can we PLEASE get some beautiful flowers. They would be nice to have with dinner tonight". I'm on a one track mind and honestly can't think of anything but getting out of the store. I tell her no. Well, a lady heard Noelle's pleading and asked Noelle if she really liked flowers. Noelle was a little goofy, but said yes, and that the were beautiful.
We headed to check out. Oliver was on foot, so I had to coral them into the isle a little bit. Then I decided (total last minute) to get a few candies to surprise them later. What I didn't notice was that lady was in line behind us. We checked out and went to leave. She checked out... and had only bought one thing. A beautiful bouquet of flowers... just for Noelle.
At this point, Oliver high tails it to the exit, so I have to chase after him. Once we get Oliver, we went back into the store to thank her. The lady said to me "I just love flowers and thought, since she loves them as much as I do, that I would share with her". It was extremely sweet. And the flowers definitely bring happiness to our entire kitchen.
To the nice lady at the grocery store, thank you! You not only made Noelle's day, but mine.



1 comments:
Such a sweet story!
Post a Comment