Yesterday, the girls were invited to a little "Tea Party" at Grandma Honey's house. Grandma Honey, McKenna, and Madison are friends we have made at the library during story time. It has become a weekly treat for us to see them, along with friends Jen and Ari (and older sister Ashlynn, whom we don't see very often but do enjoy when we do see her).
Grandma Honey, McKenna, and Madison invited all of us over for this special tea party. The girls dressed up (though mine didn't understand that they could really dress up, and came over in just play clothes... even though I tried to convince them to dress up a little more. There is irony here.) McKenna and Madison served Melanie, Noelle, Ari, and Ashlynn cute little sandwiches, lemonade, and yummy treats.


I think the girl's favorite part was serving themselves the lemonade out of the little tea pot. They really did enjoy themselves. And can I say, so did I? Wow, Linda (Grandma Honey) made us a wonderful salad and spread a beautiful table for the adults. I really felt spoiled. I really enjoyed the company; the whole thing was a much needed break.
Here is a not so good picture of us adults. I wish I had got a better one (and I also wish I was wearing clothing that fit me, but alas, we don't always get what we wish for, huh?)

Here are most of the girlies. Ashlynn didn't want to be in the picture. I think it's because she is a little older than them. I understand that.

Oliver had such a great time too. So much, infact, that he was exhausted upon arriving home.

A funny side note: After recieving the invite for the tea party, I emailed Linda to warn her that we don't drink tea, and that Melanie might tell her so at her house. Linda isn't a member of the church I go to, but I assumed that she wouldn't be serving tea to the kids. But, just in case, I thought it would be better to let her know in advance. Melanie gets pretty passionate about the topic and lets whomever know that tea is bad. Linda responded to my email to let me know that she had planned to serve water and lemonade. I got to the tea party first, and when Jen and her family showed up... I found out that I wasn't the only one with this "concern" (if you call it that). Apparently Jen had woke up that morning and realized that she hadn't said anything to Linda, and that Linda could be making all these fancy teas that no one would drink. She promptly messaged Linda to tell her that they don't drink tea. (Jen is also a member). We laughed about it. I think Linda got the memo. We don't drink tea! She didn't know that about us, so she looked it up online. Anyhow, it made for a few fun jokes.
2 comments:
Fun. You are so wise for sending that e-mail... I bet you don't stick your foot in your mouth nearly as much as I do. :)
Hey I think Jen looks familiar. Does she teach classes at 24 hour fitness? I am pretty sure I have been to her classes.
Post a Comment