Ever since watching "Singing in the Rain", the girls and I have had a few new songs in our heads. I love the song "Good Morning!". I now sing it (along with "Good morning sunshine/You are my sunshine") to Oliver and the girls first thing in the morning. Great Song (I have changed the lyrics slightly to say "You've slept the whole night through" instead of "We've talked the whole night through", but it's the same, and produces huge smiles). Another song you can hear in our house a lot is "Singin in the rain!" The girls will sometimes sing the lyrics to that song to the melody of "The Farmer in the Dell". It's pretty cute. And the last song we sing a lot is "Got to Dance". That's pretty much the entire song... just those words, but it inspires some serious dancing. I love the movie "Singin' in the Rain"! The plot is great, but even better is the dancing. I especially enjoy the tap dancing. After watching the movie, the girls were dancing all over the place... so when I was able to find a summer dance class through the Town of Gilbert that I could enroll them BOTH into, I jumped all over it! Not only will they get to learn to dance, they will learn a little tap, ballet, and tumbling! It's for 2 full months and really didn't cost that much. I am excited! They have already participated in the class for 2 weeks and are doing such a great job. I'm impressed with how well Noelle is following directions. This is her first class (besides nursery) away from mom. She is a champ! She is probably the youngest in the class.
Here are a few pictures from last week's class. I didn't get any pictures of them tap dancing. I'll have to sneak a few shots next week.



0 comments:
Post a Comment