Saturday, August 25, 2012

Playing in the Rain

Oliver... what's that stuff falling from the sky?
hmm... He doesn't know.But he likes it!
And so does Melanie! On Wednesday, it started pouring right after I put the kids down for a nap. Well, I couldn't miss this opportunity to play in it, so I got them up. Unfortunately, Noelle was completely un-wake-able, so she missed out. But Melanie and mom had a great time splashing and Oliver enjoyed watching.
Seriously, I think every kid should have this kind of fun!
And moms need a little kid-like fun as well.
I'm so happy it rained (poured!) on Friday as well. This time Melanie was at a friend's house and Oliver was napping, so it was just Noelle and mom! This was some much needed Mom and Noelle time, and I'm so happy we too advantage of it.
Here is proof that I played from Noelle's view.
This is what true bliss looks like... those puddles were deep!
Ironically, Friday night we took the kids to Grandma's house to spend the night and she had bought them both rain boots. So, they will be well prepared if the rain decided to return again!
We are so grateful for the moisture we have recently received and hope for some more (though it did to a number on my phone and Internet lines... as in not usable)

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

Oh man, I can't believe you woke your kids up from their nap! We didn't get that much rain, well, that I know of.

And reading this made me realize I never e-mailed Kami. Ahhh! Sorry. Hope you got ahold of her.

Jen said...

way to go getting out there to play with the kiddos!